Friday 13 March 2015

MY SILENCE: QUESTIONING THE SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY...

An ambulance rushed me to casualty. My nose was bleeding, my scalp was bleeding, my thigh swelled up to twice its original size. Above all I was fighting to take my part of oxygen in. I was disoriented, feeling like hell. Doctors started fluids, checking vitals, suturing scalp.
“110/70”, I heard someone shouting. I opened up my eyes. A new set of doctors took me over. They reduced my fracture and applied skin traction. Now I was oriented. Casualty gate was closed. All the security personnel were placed at the gate as second line of defence, police personnel being first were outside the gate. It was hard for them to control the mob. A huge mob! It was dying to get me.
I know, the God “Saturn” did this to me. I was in market-place when a group of six or seven boys captured me and within a minute the group turned into a mob.
You are wondering, what was my fault? Our college, Silchar Medical College, Silchar has two ways – IN and OUT and there is a temple beside the IN-Way where devotees worship the God Saturn. Well, Idon’t have any probem with that. But occasionally they block the IN-Way of the college with curtains to welcome mass gathering. And I just wrote to a local daily two days back questioning the justification ofblocking the entrance of a tertiary health care centre like Silchar Medical College. The fate I ended up with was this. “I have respect for the God too; I never meant this; I just wanted you not block the way,” I cried, I shouted to the mob.
My good luck, this was a dream. A bad dream, one should never remember.The mob caught my family members too. My mom was in ICU, younger sister was having strip of bandages around her head. The tears from my eyes brought me to the reality and then I never dared to think against the devotees, forget about writing in any local daily.
And that’s why I am silent; why are you?

(This article is not intended to hurt any religious sentiment but to question sense of responsibility.)

No comments:

Post a Comment