Saturday 27 December 2014

5 HILARIOUS ACTS OF MINE

I. I STOLE 5 RUPEES


I never got pocket money during my primary schooling days. I even didn't know denomination of rupee. Only thing I knew about money was that there exists "one rupee". I knew, if you buy anything in a shop and ask for another rupee in return, you will get that. One day I stole a note from my home. I went to shop, bought chocolates and every time I asked for some rupee in return. when I was left with last rupee, I went to a shop and said, "give me chocolates for one rupee and return me another rupee". The shopkeeper taught me about rupee that day. I understood later that I stole 5 rupees. I was in 2nd standard then and suffered "battered baby syndrome" at home. Anyway that was the last time that I stole anything other than hearts.



II. WRITING AN ENGLISH GRAMMAR

In 5th standard, my English teacher asked me to buy an English grammar. I borrowed one from my friend and started copying in a copy. The dimension of the copy was  same as that of the book. I could not complete it. So far I remember, I had written around 80 pages. Later on my brother bought one for me.


III. SAME TO YOU, SIR

Even in 7th standard I did not know what should be in reply if anyone thanks me or wishes me good luck. During my exams, our chemistry teacher wished me best of luck and I replied, "Same to you, sir" as many of my friends kept saying the same among themselves. Sir taught me that if anyone wishes me good luck, I should say "Thank you".


IV. I AM YOUR SON, SIR

I got admitted in Navodaya (JNV) in 2002. During that time there were no mobile phones in villages. I had to communicate with my family through one of my teacher from previous school. They have telephone at home. He got newly married then. I called at his home, his elder brother received the call and said, "Hello".
"Hello sir!" I said
"Who are you?" he asked me.
"I am Ranu, sir"
"Who are you?" he repeated.
"I am sir's son."
"Hey, who are you?" now he was getting angry.
"I am his son."

I kept saying the same till he became angry and hung up the phone.
Actually, I was absent minded and said "son" instead of "student".


V. WHEN I TRIED CHEATING IN THE EXAM

"Draw the map of Assam and label it", was a sure-shot  question in my 4th standard final examination. And you know drawing anything is my weakest point. I practiced a lot but could not get the confidence. I took one map for cheating in the examination. In the exam I started drawing the map and I did it of my own. I was so happy that I stood up waving my map towards invigilator and said, "Ma'am, ma'am, I brought this to copy but I have drawn the map of my own".

No comments:

Post a Comment